[Ajak Deng in Issue 2 of Pop'Africana]
Blogosphere has buzzed non-stop about the rising phenomenon that is Pop'Africana since the beginning of the year -- and rightly so. If you've flipped through the pages of Pop'Africana, seen one of their electric editorials, or even stumbled on their blog, what you'll find in a fresh and refreshing voice unlike any other. Africa isn't one thing, or one place, neither can it truly be summed up in one sentence. However, Pop'Africana comes quite close to summing up the beauty that exists on the continent and Diaspora with content and images that capture Africa's uniqueness and diversity. We can't wait for the day Pop'Africana is stocked on every stand and placed on every coffee table everywhere. World domination, Pop'Africana-style? Yes, please.
Catch up on select Pop'Africana buzz:
- Vogue.it interviews Oroma Elewa, Editor-in-chief of Pop'Africana [Video. Text. Vogue Italia]
- Internet abuzz over African high-fashion magazine [Independent]
- In Which We Actually Get Excited About A Fashion Magazine [Jezebel]
- Pop'Africana [Sundance Channel]
- The African diaspora's style mag launches its second issue [Cool Hunting]
- Of Another Fashion + Pop'Africana [Pour Porter]
- Spotlight on: Pop'Africana [Models.com]
*EDIT* DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, YOU CAN STILL PRE-ORDER ISSUE 2 UNTIL FEB. 11, 2011 HERE. DON'T MISS OUT!